Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations
Powys Association of Voluntary Organisations (PAVO) is an independent agency providing help and support to voluntary organisations and community groups enabling them to work more effectively. By working in partnership with others and by responding positively and imaginatively, it aims to strengthen and empower communities throughout Powys.
PAVO is one of 19 Councils for Voluntary Service in Wales. PAVO membership is open to all voluntary organisations and community groups in Powys.
PAVO's aims and objectives are:
* To support voluntary organisations and encourage good practice.
* To support and promote volunteering,
* To encourage co-operation and collaboration between voluntary organisations.
* To encourage partnership between the voluntary sector and statutory agencies.
* To develop and support new initiatives to meet unmet needs.
* To empower local communities by encouraging partic
By appointment only