Workways+ works with long term unemployed and economically inactive people aged 25 and over - to help them overcome barriers to employment and volunteering.
1. Once a referral has been made to the project, the first step is to meet with that person - find out about them, their experience, current situation and what they want to achieve.
2. We will then look at what support they are currently getting, what other support they may be eligible for and make sure they are accessing it should they wish to.
3. Following this we will put together an action plan for the participant, as part of that action plan we can support with various options such as:
• Work related training and qualifications – relevant to the work area they are interested in and the opportunities available. We can also explore bespoke training delivered through Norman Industries in areas such as Woodworking & Joinery, General Maintenance, Area & Grounds Maintenance, Customer Service and Administration
• Confidence building & soft skills
• Access to volunteering opportunities through our Volunteering Development Officer
• The support of an Employer Liaison Officer who will work with local businesses to identify opportunities specifically for the participant
• Work experience and paid work experience placements
4. All the way through the participant will have the support of their Employment Mentor who will take them through their action plan and help the participant with the basic employability tools and skills required to compete in today’s labour market and to help them to achieve their end goals.