Provided by DASH
DASH Aims and Objectives
* To offer age and ability appropriate leisure schemes for disabled children and young people.
* To involve young disabled people and their siblings in constructive alternatives to staying at home.
* To assist young disabled people to access the local community and use community facilities.
* To enable young disabled people to improve their confidence and help them practice their social skills.
* To encourage young disabled people to play a part in their communities
and wider society by raising their awareness of their rights and
* To provide short breaks for the family, parents and carers during the children's holidays and leisure time.
* To harness and direct the enthusiasm and energy of local volunteers who assist with the schemes.
* To increase public understanding of the barriers faced by disabled people and their families
* To encourage inclusion of disabled people in the wider community.
* To provide support for all the family as well as fostering mutual co-operation and friendship.
By appointment only