Investors in Carers Scheme
Why should you register as an unpaid carer with your GP surgery?
* Your GP can better understand your caring responsibilities.
* Access to a ‘Carer Lead’ at most GP practices; this is a designated member of the practice staff who is assigned to helping carers.
* Provide more flexible appointments that reflect your caring role.
* Offer you an annual flu jab (free).
* Conversations about your mental health and the impact of your caring role.
* Information about how to access a carers assessment and benefits checks.
* Involvement in the care planning of the person diagnosed.
* Signpost you to information, help and support, either now or in the future.
* Possibility to arrange ‘double’ appointments at convenient times for both you and the person you care for to avoid having to visit the surgery twice.
* Share information about the person you care for (with appropriate written consent).
Surgeries may differ in the support they are able to offer.